Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bedroom Makeover - Before and After (1)



This bedroom  is currently undergoing a "makeover": I'm adding custom wood storage units to accommodate the many books, clothes and stuff that otherwise would just "float around", changing wall art displays, adding a new headboard, window treatments, lighting fixtures and bedding. 

BEFORE


The wall above has undergone a makeover. To create a larger display of art in a short amount of time and budge t(1-2 days, including hanging) , I bought 9 square black metal frames from A.C.Moore, plus 9 12" by 12" off white thick paper (until I order proper matting). The prints are mostly black and white versions of family pictures.
Here's the result:

AFTER
picture by Vered Rosen Design


Next on the list is buying a tufted headboard. I like this one:

Tufted Headboard w Foam Padding in Linen Sandstone


Here are pictures of a mirrors I'd like to place over the bed:


blue green wall color  http://www.energythatsells.com/you-need-neutral-but-have-some-color/


Uttermost Cyrus Sunburst Round 34" Wide Wall Mirror
                                                                                

Woven shades I might use for the windows.

woven roller shade
source
Soon I will be posting pictures of the north facing wall where I placed a custom wall storage unit.

If you'd like help with color, redesigning or decorating your own home, contact me @ 
vered@veredrosendesign.com
617-584-9965



Addtional readings;


No comments:

Post a Comment