Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A COOL IDEA THAT MAY SOLVE YOUR HARDWOOD FLOORING DILEMA

Have you ever seen a pretty transition between two distinctly different hardwood floors?
I rarely do. It's either "old vs. new" oak flooring, which rarely match in their tones, or two different hardwood floors on either side of a sharp transition line.
That's why I was so delighted when I saw what my dear friend Shiri came up with to smooth out the transition between her oak and cherry flooring. 

Here’s what it looked like:


Doesn't it look so much better then if there was a sharp transition line between the oak and cherry flooring?  It's also cool how a solution to a "problem" ended up as an artistic statement by itself.
Here's another idea - when choosing new flooring to be installed next to old wood flooring, make sure the two wood floors match by color and tone. Grain difference is much less important. Below is how my old oak flooring looks like next to the caramelized bamboo flooring we installed in the kitchen (over the ancient and ugly mint vinyl flooring). 



See how the tones match? the fact that the grain is different doesn't bother me. It sure would have bothered me if the wood tones were very different.
Will you share your ideas of how to create a smooth transition between two different hardwood floors?
If you've been struggling with making the right choices for your own home design projects, you might benefit from some guidance. 
call or email me at 617-584-9965 vered@veredrosendesign.com

houzz



No comments:

Post a Comment